Gospel of John: Chapter 02 - Original Version About Chapter 02
Title Given Chapter 02: "Jesus (peace be upon Him) Comes as Our Judgment"
Date Gospel Written: ~ 0 to 50 AD
Gospel Written by: The Disciple Barnabas - the One "whom Jesus loved" (John:20,2)
Title & Summary Written by: Shaikh Muhaiyaddeen (Louie Beutler)
Date Web Page Published: June, 2004
Go To Table of Contents - Gospel of John: Chapter 02
Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim. In the name of God, the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate. Al-salam 'alaykum wa-rahmat Allah wa barakatuhu kulluhu. Wa 'alaykum al-salam wa-rahmat Allah wa-barakatuhu kulluhu. May all the peace, the beneficence, and the blessing of God be upon us all. May God help us all.
My love you (anbu), my dearest loving brothers and sisters - Shaikh Muhaiyaddeen (Louie Beutler).
Original Version - of chapter 02
1. And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee: and the mother of
Jesus was there.
2. And both Jesus was called, and His disciples, to the marriage.
3. And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto Him, They have no
4. Jesus saith unto her, Woman what have I to do with thee? Mine hour is not yet
5. His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.
6. And there was set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of
the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.
7. Jesus said unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the
8. And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast.
And they bear it.
9. When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not
whence it was: the governor of the feast called the bridegroom.
10. And said unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and
when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good
wine until now.
11. This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth His
glory; and His disciples believed on Him.
12. After this He went down to Capernaum, He, His mother, and His brethren, and His
disciples: and they continued there not many days.
13. And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
14. And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the
changers of money sitting;
15. And when He had made a scourge of small cords, He drove them all out of the
temple, and the sheep, and the oxen, and poured out the changers' money, and
over threw the tables;
16. And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not My
Father's house an house of merchandise.
17. And His disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath
eaten me up.
18. Then answered the Jews and said unto Him, What sign shewest thou unto us,
seeing that thou doest these things?
19. Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will
rise it up.
20. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou
rear it up in three days?
21. But He spake of the temple of His body.
22. When therefore He was risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He
had said this to them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus
23. Now when He was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed
in His name, when they saw the miracles which He did.
24. But Jesus did not commit Himself unto them, because He knew all men.
25. And needed not that any should testify of man; for He knew what was in man.
End of Gospel of John
- Chapter 02 -
Gospel of John - Chapter 02:
Table of Contents
( a top-down version of the Library Home Page)
(a bottom-up version of the Library Home Page)